Friday, November 21, 2014

NaNo's lost week

I have had ups and downs, this NaNo cycle, from writing 5000 words in a day to catch up, to just breaking even for the week.  This week has been different,  after my disheartening last week, I came to a screeching halt.  Between my indecision about the direction my two projects seem to be taking me, to a work week from h3ll I am behind the eight ball, once again. 

Can I catch up,  yes.  The question is; Will I catch up. Or will I  allow my indecision and life to distract me from my goals.  Looking back at the year,  I realize that even with every excuse I have made for myself, the one reason I have not gotten projects done is my lack of forward motion this year.

I have been stagnate, life is gray and not in color. For me this is a very unusual. Normally I see twenty shades of blue, I see the accomplishments I have made, and the people around me have made, be they friends, family, co-works or the man on the street playing music.  I have stopped seeing these things and this has stopped my forward motion. 

Now that I realize this I need to make an effort to do that focus on the colors of the world and the people around me, to see where I should go next.  This will flavor, my writing and my life.  Like the titles says this has been the lost week of NaNo,  I have been lost in my own mind,  swimming through, story ideas, character development, and all of it has been a useless pursuit as it stopped my forward motion.  And without actually moving, doing, working nothing will get done, nothing will change. 

So today is the day,  to grab a keyboard, or pen, and move forward; regain my momentum.  Right this second, that movement could be on the Red Book,  or Cave City, or anyone of my other projects but I must start moving again. 

So with that out of my system,  lets look at the Red Book:

Currently I am about half way through writing the book and the story,  which means it will have to be over 50k words to finish. The current word count is 33690,  that means I am looking at about 70k words. 

I have gotten my character through taking the bar the first time,  and the waiting to find out if she passed.  The next chapter I am going to write is the chapter where she finds out she has failed the Bar, which from personal experiences, makes a person question every one of their ability, intelligence, and worth.   This should actually be a pretty fun chapter to write.

I have to fix the next two chapters a little to tie them into the story line more consistently.  Then I get to move into her studying for the bar and taking it for the second time.  OH fun times.  The last couple of chapters are going to end the book on an up note I think,  with her finding out she passed the Bar,  self worth restored. 

All I can say about Cave City, is, oh cave city how I love to hate thy. 

Unfinished projects 3
Words written 33690
Words edited zilch.  :)  hey but I am only working one job this weekend, I see the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment