Sunday, December 11, 2016

Winter is coming to NYC

November has come to an end and the holidays are just beginning and with it a new year. 

For me it is time to start putting in place a life balance plan, which I have attempted to do in the past.  I like many writers have numerous responsibilities: family, work, volunteering, writing and life. 

Each year I try and find a way to balance these and other responsibilities but inevitably somethings do not get as much attention and time as they need or I would like to give. Normally, my writing is the first on the chopping block. Until last year,  when writing became a second source of income. But then the writing I was doing was more for profit then to tell my stories.

Now that I write on a daily basis, be it a legal memorandum, copy for a project or some other paid work; i need to add in writing my books, short stories, and bloggs.

So I'm putting into place a creative writing schdule. 
Sundays will be the day I do my blogg post.  I'm hoping to cover a variety of topics, from why i write and writing process, to samples or drafts of my work. I also might  be posting on what is informing my writing such a current events or about the research, and maybe even a how too.

Monday will be a day that I set a side 2.to3 hour for creative writing.  This will be on my novel, one of my short stories or just what ever comes to mind.

Then Wednesday will be the day i do editing for my creative writing.

I think this will give me a good schdule for my creative writing without being to overwhelming.

Now that you've seen my plan for the year.  What is yours? Post in the comments how you plan to keep writing a part of your daily life.

p.s.  i also want to start journaling which will be a new endeavor all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment