Tuesday, December 6, 2016

I imagine, dream, believe of new worlds

As a writer I frequently find myself imagining, dreaming and believing in  other worlds, having conversations with people that do not exist about various mundane topics such as what color the sky is and why; or how their government does or does not work.  Really this is my mind searching for answers to the problems of the world around me, be it high levels of unemployment, under employment, falling literacy rates, or the increased cost of education. The perverse way the constitution is used or not used and abused.

With each novel, story short or long; I am attempting to create worlds were our problems have  come to a head or better full circle.  The issue is the answers are never truly satisfying. And hence the next story and world is created.

I wonder am I the only author that tries to solve and sometimes explore our own problems?

Maybe you write for some other reason. If so, what are your reasons for writing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment